In this episode Marion Ellis talks with Greg Harrison Associate Director in the Professional Indemnity team at Howden Insurance Brokers. Howden have been the RICS preferred professional indemnity broker for approaching 10 years and more recently, preferred broker for Cyber Liability.
Greg manages the PII insurance programmes for some of Howdens medium to larger size property and construction accounts and represents Howden at industry groups including the Cross Sector Residential Valuation Forum and its Commercial counterpart.
What You Will Learn In This Episode:
- Questions asked by The Surveyor Hub members following the RICS PII Webinar on 15th April 2020
- Why PII is hard to obtain in the current market and what SME’s can do to help secure it
- The impact of the Mortgage Market Review (MMR) and Dr Oonagh McDonald’s report on risk in valuation
- What falling into the Assisted Risk Pool (ARP) means during the COVID-19 crisis
Connect with Greg:
Connect with Marion:
- RICS PII Webinar
- Mortgage Market Review
- Rightmove Surveyors Comparable Tool (SCT)
- Balancing Risk and Reward: Recommendations for a Sustainable Valuation Profession in the UK. An independent report by Dr Oonagh McDonald CBE commissioned by RICS
- ARP process
- PII Run off changes
- RICS PII requirements
- RICS Complaint Handling 1st Edition
- Surveyor Hub Conversations
- The Surveyor Hub free Facebook group of surveyors
The Surveyor Hub is a proud partner of Lionheart, the benevolent fund which supports RICS members and their families.